In this episode of the #CLP we sit down with television sportscaster, speaker, fitness addict and all around rock star Kate Beirness! We were beyond thrilled to have Kate on the podcast and she absolutely crushed it. We discuss everything from her WNBA dream shattering ACL tears to unpaid work at Rogers TV to becoming co-anchor on the first ever female sportscaster team for the iconic TSN brand. Kate breaks down why you have to work sickeningly hard, often for free, to get what you want. Kate talks about how advice to go backward in her career turned out to be the best thing imaginable, why it’s important that she is a strong female role model and her love for training. We cannot wait to have her back on the podcast, hot mics!
Page 41 of 42
In this episode of the CLP we’re joined by our very good friend and online Performance coach, Janey Brown! A performer of 20 years and fitness expert for over a decade, Janey has combined her wealth of experience dealing with anxiety on and off the stage, with her yoga and meditation practice. The result is her brand new Performance Mindset Program. JB opens up about her personal experiences with anxiety, identifying yoga and meditation as coping strategies and why we all need to connect with our authenticity.
(Download and Subscribe on Itunes)
(Loved Us? Hated Us? Rate and leave a review here)
This Podcast is Brought To You
The very best company for high performance supplements. NSF Approved and Informed Choice endorsed they have created more than supplements, they’ve created a movement. They are the only company we trust with our Championship supplementation.
- 0:40 – GF Buns
- 3:08 – Who Janey works with as a Performance Coach
- 4:14 – Janey’s first experience with anxiety
- 8:18 – How Janey used strategies to cope with early anxiety
- 9:11 – The different ways that performance anxiety manifests in your life
- 11:34 – Janey’s Inner Trash Talker
- 14:15 – The struggle and futility that is perfectionism
- 15:30 – What Janey’s performing career looks like now?
- 19:26 – Janey’s vocal injury and what it taught her
- 22:32 – The journey into Yoga and fitness for Janey
- 24:50 – The yoga community and why the right ‘type’ matters
- 27:35 – Janey’s relationship with yoga and its philosophy
- 33:15 – Mindfulness and Meditation, Janey breaks down the similarities and differences
- 38:00 – Meditational influences and styles that Janey prefers
- 40:55 – Our societal and personal resistance to meditation
- 44:20 – Janey’s personal meditative practice/ schedule
- 46:40 – Performance Mindset Coaching
- 49:30 – Connect with Janey
- 50:00 – Fearce Academy
- 50:30 – Championship Round
In this episode of the Championship Lifestyle Podcast, we’re joined by our very good friend and online Performance coach, Janey Brown! A performer of 20 years and fitness expert for over a decade, Janey has combined her wealth of experience dealing with anxiety on and off the stage, with her yoga and meditation practice. The result is her brand new Performance Mindset Program. JB opens up about her personal experiences with anxiety, identifying yoga and meditation as coping strategies and why we all need to connect with our authenticity.
Episode 2! We are beyond excited to have one of our close friends and serial entrepreneur Vince Alton as our first guest on the podcast. Vince is a testament to hard work and personal development, plus he has helped us move a time or two and that’s not an easy task.
Brought To You By
This podcast is brought to you by our Mothers. Thank you so much to those wonderful women for bringing us into the world and giving us a chance in life, we love you.
- 8:30 – Father’s Stroke
- 21:00- Value of Morning Routine
- 25:30 – Why Vince believes you have to wake up early
- 32:20 – Why Reading Matters
- 44:36 – Why Challenges
- 46:50 – Why balance is bullshit
- 50:15 – Western Society doesn’t work hard enough
- 53:10 – Vince’s Superpower
Episode 2 features one of our favorite people and self-professed serial entrepreneur Vince Alton.
Born into an entrepreneurial household of 6, Vince divides his time as a partner in a software development firm and wth Petra (a manufacturing and distribution company).
We discuss his Faher’s recent stroke and the whirlwind of emotions that accompanies a trying situation. Also, why Vince believes you have to get up early and have a routine. Why he reads non-fiction almost exclusively and that the idea of balance doesn’t exist.