What an episode! This week on the #CLP we were joined by the charismatic co-founder of TruLocal, a monthly meat delivery service that ships high-quality meats to your doorstep from local farms. Marc Lafleur is unquestionably the fastest talker we have ever had on the podcast and we crushed our way through a ton of awesome content in an hour. From his first attempts at business, how talking fast helped him become a branch manager of a meat sales company at only 22 years old, and why boredom and a desire for more led to a cold turkey exit -pun intended- 2 years ago. We sampled some TruLocal products ourselves prior to meeting Marc and where very impressed with the quality and convenience. We hope you enjoy the episode as much as we enjoyed the steaks. As always we love feedback! Rate and Review!
(Loved Us? Hated Us? Rate and leave a review here)
Liked the Episode? Try Something Similiar.
Website – trulocal.ca
Instagram – @trulocal
Twitter – @TruLocal
This Podcast is Brought To You By
Thanks to Karen and Anne for bringing us into this world and keeping us alive long enough to screw it up ourselves.
Biosteel Sports Nutrition
Biosteel Sports Nutrition is Toronto based company, and a leader in high-performance sports drinks for professional athletes and everyday champions alike.
A product created out of necessity and is trusted by athletes like Connor McDavid, Brooke Henderson, Rosie MacLennan and Andrew Wiggins. They have a full line of products, including their signature High-Performance Sports Drink and Advanced Recovery Formula Protein plus a brand new rooster of Biosteel Green Powder.
Living like a champion requires championship nutrition and there’s no one we trust more.
Enter Promo Code – ChampLifestyle at www.biosteel.com for 15% Off the Next Order
- Marc’s time at the University of Waterloo
- How Marc occupies his days spent driving
- How Marc got into business – The Snapchat Story
- TELL – Marc’s attempt at an app taught him about business
- Starting with conventional meat sales company – Selling the whole cow
- Opening a new branch and becoming a manager at 22 years old
- How Marc Lafleur & Greg Quaile came together for TruLocal – Selling meat online
- The Difference in Quality – Spending a little extra
- The Importance of Transparency – Where is it from?
- Creating a Market Place – Creating an opportunity for true farmers
- What Marc believes contributed to the rapid rise of TruLocal
- The Emotional Toll of Entrepreneurship – Feel good to work good
- Family Support –
- Champ Rounds
Marc’s Podcast Suggestions
- Masters of Scale – Reid Hoffman
- Business Wars