This week on the #CLP we are joined by Calisthenics, street workout expert, and Master Trainer Carlos Salos. Carlos is a Venezuelan born coach based out of Toronto and dedicated to pushing forward the Calisthenics movement in Toronto, think break dancing or parkour a decade ago. Carlos was gracious enough to sit down with us and discuss his journey, working through an ACL injury and how an exchange program to Venice Beach led to a love for the pull-up bar. Carlos has spent the last 5 years immersing himself in the culture to better his life and the lives of his clients. If you like the episode be sure to review and share!
(Loved Us? Hated Us? Rate and leave a review here)
This Podcast is Brought To You By
Thanks to Karen and Anne for bringing us into this world and keeping us alive long enough to screw it up ourselves.
- What is Calisthenics?
- How an exchange program to Venice Beach changed Carlos life
- Calisthenics in Venezuala
- Governing Bodies for Calisthenics
- Progression and Learning
- Where you are going wrong on your push up
- Calisthenics Breakdown (Pull / Push)
- Competitions (Freestyle vs. Fitness)
- Montreal Market – The creation of outdoor parks
- Working with Carlos
- Tools for improving your skillsDiversifying your training
- Champ Rounds