In this episode of the #CLP we sit down with Winnipeg Jets number 55 and amazing human being, Mark Scheifele. We met Mark 5 years ago when he walked into our gym on the edge of cracking the Jets lineup. Since then, we have had the pleasure of watching him develop into the person and player he is today. Fresh off a career-best season, top 10 finish in scoring and successful Kidsport charity event Mark took the time to discuss his relationship with hockey, why he believes it’s his obligation to give back and Don’t forget to rate and review.
(Download and Subscribe on Itunes)
(Download and Subscribe on Stitcher)
(Loved Us? Hated Us? Rate and leave a review here)
This Podcast is Brought To You By
Thanks to Karen and Anne for bringing us into this world and keeping us alive long enough to screw it up ourselves.
- Mark’s Day with Us
- What Mark wanted to be growing up
- When Mark knew he could play in the NHL as a career
- Mark’s love for sports as a kid (So crucial for long term success)
- Drafted 7th Round in the OHL. 7th Overall to the NHL
- Taking the draw against Sydney Crosby
- How we met Mark (and became friends)
- Developing a sense of preparation and body awareness
- Spikeball. If you don’t know, you don’t know.
- Mark’s ideal training day.
- Adam Oates and his Yoda influence
- Recovery and Regeneration (Normatec / Cold Tubs / Sauna)
- Nutrition: Changes in Perspective
- Ideal game meals (Wendys and Chocolate)
- Morning Skates and Routines
- Individual vs. team sports
- What Mark would do if he wasn’t allowed to be involved in hockey
- What it feels like to play in the NHL especially Winnipeg
- Mark’s Favourite Fan Interaction
- KidSport and why Mark believes it’s important to give back
- The relationship Mark has with his family…Marky
- Championship Rounds
Books / Movies
- Elon Musk: Tesla, Space X, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future
- Anything Will Ferrell